CPR / Bleeding Control Course
The Bleeding Control Course is designed for those who have little to no medical training but may be called upon to respond to and deliver trauma care and bleeding control prior to emergency services (EMS) arrival or in an austere environment.
During this 9 hour block of instruction students will be taught basic life-saving medical interventions, including bleeding control with a tourniquet, bleeding control with gauze packs or topical hemostatic agents, and opening an airway to allow a casualty to breathe. The course is designed for NON tactical law enforcement officers, firefighters, security personnel, teachers and other civilians requiring this basic training.
At the completion of the course, participants will be able to:
• Explain the rationale for early use of a tourniquet for life-threatening extremity bleeding.
• Demonstrate the appropriate application of a tourniquet to the arm and leg.
• Describe the progressive strategy for controlling hemorrhage.
• Describe appropriate airway control techniques and devices.
• Demonstrate the correct application of a topical hemostatic dressing (combat gauze).
Class is structured into 2 sections. The first 4 hours covers CPR and AED and the remaining 4 hours is dedicated to bleeding control.
Duration: 1 Day
Location: Trail Glades Range or TFA Clewiston Facility
Course Fee: $195
IFAK (Improvised first aid kit): $75.00 (Optional and only available to attending students)
- No events available...