Tactical Pistol I
Tactical Pistol I is the entry level of Tactical Firearms Academy’s pistol courses. This course combines the fundamental skills necessary for combat marksmanship with the tactical knowledge required surviving with a pistol in a hostile environment. Emphasis is placed on the basic shooting skills and developing tactical applications for those skills. The techniques presented are the same as those currently taught to law enforcement officers. Topics will include:
• Weapon safety and handling
• 8 Fundamentals of Marksmanship
• Grip and Stances
• Pistol presentation and firing techniques from a holster
• Pistol marksmanship principles
• Clearing malfunctions
During this demanding 9 hour course, students will learn weapon safety and handling, grip and stance, pistol presentation and firing techniques from a holster, pistol marksmanship principles, dot drills, reloading and malfunctions and beginning movement. Class size is kept small to permit individual instruction. Students will be required to pass a shooting qualification so successfully complete the course. A certificate of training is awarded to those students who complete and pass the course and exhibit competence and safe gun handling skills.
Duration: 1 Day
Location: Southwest Ranches or Clewiston facility
Course Fee: $230
Firearm Rental: $50/day
• Handgun (semi-auto or revolver)
• A suitable, strong-side OWB or thigh rig holster (holster must provide positive retention so the firearm does not fall out) hard plastic or Kydex type holster. NO IWB holsters are permitted for this course.
• Minimum 3 extra magazines or speed loaders / speed strips (10 Rounds or more)
• Magazine Holster/Pouch to hold ALL magazines (can be 2 doubles or 4 singles, if using 4 magazines total. This is a minimum requirement)
• 500 rounds of ammunition
• Ear protection and wrap around eye protection (Mandatory)
• Long pants with belt loops and a sturdy belt.
• Lightweight clothing and light in color, avoid black (NO tank tops or V-necks)
• Sturdy, closed toe shoes (athletic, hiking, outdoor styled shoes. NO open toe shoes)
• Spare batteries for sights and tools for sight adjustment
• Ball cap or brimmed hat
• Sun screen
• Insect repellent
• Snacks and lunchtime meals
• Adequate water or other liquids to remain hydrated
• Note Taking Materials
• Weapons and/or ammunition can supplied by TFA upon request
• Weapon rental prices listed above. Contact us for ammo cost or other equipment
Tactical Pistol I
This is the first class in our Pistol series. You will learn the fundamentals and safety of a pistol. We will cover: proper draw the weapon, stance & grip, sight alignment, sight picture, trigger control, and how to put the round exactly where you want it to go. You will need 500 rds. of pistol ammo. This is a one day course.