Course offerings are subject to change. The final authority for changes in course offerings rests with the availability at specific locations, attendee count and instructor availability. For questions concerning course offerings, use the contact us page.
Mobile Device Warning: If using a mobile device to register, you may encounter display issues. We recommend using a standard desktop/laptop browser to ensure correct display of all form fields.
Tactical Firearms Academy operates in the strictest professional manner possible. We at times will try to manipulate a students posture or body position, requiring physical contact by the instructor. The instructor shall inform of such action, asking if its acceptable before contact is made. If for any reason you are uncomfortable with the instructor doing so, you must communicate this immediately.
Tactical Firearms Academy has invested a significant amount of money in our trainers, equipment and facilities as well as going through extraordinary measures to ensure you receive the highest level of training possible. In order to not place an undue burden on Tactical Firearms Academy, it’s staff or resources we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
Course fees are fully refundable if the course is cancelled by Tactical Firearms Academy.
If you (student) cancel more than 14 days prior to course start date – course fee is fully refundable
If you (student) cancel more than 7 days but less than 14 days prior to course start date – 50% of the course is refundable
If you (student) cancel 7 days or less prior to course start date – course fee is non-refundable
Private Class - Rodriguez - Carbine/Patrol Rifle Fundamentals
This is a private class. Do not signup unless you are apart of the Rodriguez group.
This tactical carbine/patrol rifle class will be held at our exclusive 900-yard outdoor shooting facility. During the 9 hr day course, shooters will have an opportunity to fine tune their rifle skills and learn the latest types of tactical maneuvers and techniques. All shooters will have to pass a qualification course of fire, under added stress conditions, where all techniques learned will be put to the test!
Course Topics Include:
• Nomenclature / field strip / method of function
• Equipment discussion (optics, slings, carry rigs, magazines)
• 8 Fundamentals of Marksmanship
• Presentation (ready positions)
• Magazine changes / loading & unloading
• Clearing malfunctions
• Firearm zero (25/50/100 yds) Live fire
• Position engagement (kneeling-prone)
• Firing from the support shoulder
Firearm Rental: $125 (includes sling, magazine pouches, 3 magazines and carbine with optics/iron sights)
• Semi or NFA registered full auto carbine/patrol rifle
• NFA Weapon documentation (if applicable)
• A secondary (backup) long gun is suggested
• Ear protection and wrap around eye protection (Mandatory)
• Knee pads (elbow pads optional)
• Spare batteries for sights and tools for sight adjustment
• Optics such as red dot or magnified optics with iron sight as backup
• Maintenance/Repair Kit
• 3 extra magazines with magazine pouches
• 300 rounds of rifle ammunition (ammunition can be purchased through TFA upon request)
• Weapon sling
• Long pants with belt loops and a sturdy belt.
• Lightweight clothing and light in color, avoid black (NO tank tops or V-necks)
• Sturdy, closed toe shoes (athletic, hiking, outdoor styled shoes. NO open toe shoes)
• Ball cap or brimmed hat, and sunscreen
• Insect repellent
• Snacks and lunchtime meals
• Adequate water to remain hydrated
• Note Taking Materials