Course offerings are subject to change. The final authority for changes in course offerings rests with the availability at specific locations, attendee count and instructor availability. For questions concerning course offerings, use the contact us page.
Mobile Device Warning: If using a mobile device to register, you may encounter display issues. We recommend using a standard desktop/laptop browser to ensure correct display of all form fields.
Tactical Firearms Academy operates in the strictest professional manner possible. We at times will try to manipulate a students posture or body position, requiring physical contact by the instructor. The instructor shall inform of such action, asking if its acceptable before contact is made. If for any reason you are uncomfortable with the instructor doing so, you must communicate this immediately.
Tactical Firearms Academy has invested a significant amount of money in our trainers, equipment and facilities as well as going through extraordinary measures to ensure you receive the highest level of training possible. In order to not place an undue burden on Tactical Firearms Academy, it’s staff or resources we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
Course fees are fully refundable if the course is cancelled by Tactical Firearms Academy.
If you (student) cancel more than 14 days prior to course start date – course fee is fully refundable
If you (student) cancel more than 7 days but less than 14 days prior to course start date – 50% of the course is refundable
If you (student) cancel 7 days or less prior to course start date – course fee is non-refundable
Tactical Pistol I - Homestead Training Facility
Tactical Pistol I is the entry level of Tactical Firearms Academy’s pistol courses. This course combines the fundamental skills necessary for combat marksmanship with the tactical knowledge required surviving with a pistol in a hostile environment. Emphasis is placed on the basic shooting skills and developing tactical applications for those skills. The techniques presented are the same as those currently taught to law enforcement officers. Topics will include:
• Weapon safety and handling
• 8 Fundamentals of Marksmanship
• Grip and Stances
• Pistol presentation and firing techniques from a holster
• Pistol marksmanship principles
• Clearing malfunctions
During this demanding 9 hour course, students will learn weapon safety and handling, grip and stance, pistol presentation and firing techniques from a holster, pistol marksmanship principles, dot drills, reloading and malfunctions and beginning movement. Class size is kept small to permit individual instruction. Students will be required to pass a shooting qualification so successfully complete the course. A certificate of training is awarded to those students who complete and pass the course and exhibit competence and safe gun handling skills.
Firearm Rental: $65/day
• Handgun (semi-auto or revolver)
• A suitable, strong-side OWB or thigh rig holster (holster must provide positive retention so the firearm does not fall out) hard plastic or Kydex type holster. NO IWB holsters are permitted for this course.
• Minimum 3 HI CAP or 5 Single stack magazines or speed loaders / speed strips (10 Rounds or more)
• Magazine Holster/Pouch to hold ALL magazines (can be 2 doubles or 4 singles, if using 4 magazines total. This is a minimum requirement)
• 300 rounds of ammunition
• Ear protection and wrap around eye protection (Mandatory)
• Long pants with belt loops and a sturdy belt. NO YOGA PANTS
• Lightweight clothing and light in color, avoid black (NO tank tops or V-necks)
• Sturdy, closed toe shoes (athletic, hiking, outdoor styled shoes. NO open toe shoes)
• Spare batteries for sights and tools for sight adjustment
• Ball cap or brimmed hat
• Sun screen
• Insect repellent
• Snacks and lunchtime meals
• ONE GALLONS of water per person (min) or other liquids to remain hydrated
• Note Taking Materials
• Weapons and/or ammunition can supplied by TFA upon request
• Weapon rental prices listed above. Contact us for ammo cost or other equipment