Course offerings are subject to change. The final authority for changes in course offerings rests with the availability at specific locations, attendee count and instructor availability. For questions concerning course offerings, use the contact us page.
Mobile Device Warning: If using a mobile device to register, you may encounter display issues. We recommend using a standard desktop/laptop browser to ensure correct display of all form fields.
Tactical Firearms Academy operates in the strictest professional manner possible. We at times will try to manipulate a students posture or body position, requiring physical contact by the instructor. The instructor shall inform of such action, asking if its acceptable before contact is made. If for any reason you are uncomfortable with the instructor doing so, you must communicate this immediately.
Tactical Firearms Academy has invested a significant amount of money in our trainers, equipment and facilities as well as going through extraordinary measures to ensure you receive the highest level of training possible. In order to not place an undue burden on Tactical Firearms Academy, it’s staff or resources we have implemented the following cancellation policy.
Course fees are fully refundable if the course is cancelled by Tactical Firearms Academy.
If you (student) cancel more than 14 days prior to course start date – course fee is fully refundable
If you (student) cancel more than 7 days but less than 14 days prior to course start date – 50% of the course is refundable
If you (student) cancel 7 days or less prior to course start date – course fee is non-refundable
HK MP5 Operator Course
Added to our curriculum for 2014 is the HK MP5 Operator Course. This course will be taught using the famous HK MP5 , the world standard for submachine guns. Tactical Firearms Academy will supply the MP5s for use which is included in the course cost. During this 9 hour block of instruction students will be taught:
• General Handling Skills: Field strip and reassemble, loading and unloading procedures both right and left handed, stoppage clearance both right and left hand.
• Shooting Position Techniques: Standing, low and high kneeling and prone.
• Transition Techniques: Muzzle up, muzzle down and cross dominant transition techniques, both right and left handed.
• Auto-fire Trigger Control Techniques: Effectively use burst control (consistent 2-3 rd burst) from a variety of shooting positions.
• Accuracy Assessment: Techniques used to quickly acquire and access a lethal threat then engage in automatic fire accurately.
At the end of the course students will be required to successfully pass the same qualifier used by law enforcement agencies. A certificate of training is awarded to those students who complete and pass the course and exhibit competence and safe gun handling skills. This class is open to the general public but class size is limited to the first 10 students to successfully register.
* Students are required to provide their own factory 9mm (1000 rounds), purchasable through TFA in advance.